FP&A and Property Analyst
itsu is the healthy eating, Asian inspired quick service retail & grocery brand with over 70 stores in the UK and a leading wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Renowned for its delicious food made fresh in every shop, every day, itsu has huge global ambitions with a commitment to continue to open many more stores and intensify the growth of its already thriving grocery arm. With its best-is-class food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.
The FP&A and Property Analyst for itsu [retail] will help itsu ensure itsu has strong financial planning in place – effective annual budgeting, well-constructed forecasts and re-projections, strategic long term financial plans and agile, ad-hoc scenario planning. This person will understand and interpret trading and market / sector / economic conditions, ensuring that itsu is working to well-judged financial objectives, aligned to strategy and best use of capital / investment. This person will work closely with itsu’s Property Team ensuring effective estate decisions (new shops, closures, divestments) as well as playing a key part in developing itsu’s franchise business (UK and International).
This wide-ranging role will be exposed to Directors and Board Members, with no limit on the topics to cover and a critical role, with the business forecast to more than double in size within the next 3 years. This role reports into itsu’s Head of Commercial Finance, with a high level of exposure to the management and leadership teams.
these are the core responsibilities
- To own the annual Retail and Group budget process, working with stakeholders across the business, along with the quarterly re-forecast process
- To work with the CFO and Head of Commercial Finance on long-term financial planning for itsu Group (retail and grocery) alongside as-hoc scenario planning, profit initiatives etc.
- To work closely with itsu’s Property Team as trusted financial business partner:
- Building new shop and format proposals for itsu’s Property Committee (PC)
- Supporting rent / lease negotiations on existing estate
- Running of ROI / Payback analysis for Board review
- Analysis of potential closure / divestment decisions
- Support to itsu’s market plan
- Use of external data sources (footfall, demographics, market data) to assess new city / town / region opportunities
- To work with Head of Commercial Finance on putting in place effective support to franchises (UK and International) – site selection, site and model economics, trading performance insight etc.
- Production of monthly Board schedules, including LFL sales and trading analysis, new shop trading performance etc.
the ideal candidate
- Analytical thinker
- Strong drive for understanding
- Well organised and structured
- Great communication and influencing skills
- Highly computer literate with very strong excel skills
- Challenging questioner, desire to really raise the bench
- Self-motivated and plans own time well
- Energetic in style, with a strong initiative
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet the business needs
- Experience supporting and presenting commercial decision making with senior stakeholders, ideally within a multi-site business
perks and benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance program
- Critical illness scheme
- Food allowance
- Discounts at major retailers
- Cycle to work scheme