scope of the role
Our itsu General Managers are accountable for the performance of their shop, and responsible for building and leading a proud and professional team. The General Managers support their team to deliver a wonderful customer experience, creating a relaxed, comfortable environment for our dine-in customers and providing a fast and efficient service for those wanting to take out. They balance daily operational demands with strategic planning, with their performance measured against the KPIs.
As a General Manager, you will constantly challenge the management team you directly look after. Your goal is to motivate and coach them to fulfil their potential, and know when to step back and allow the team to flourish.
- Building a robust shop family tree through proactive succession planning, development and recruitment, ensuring consistency for key roles
- Ensuring every member of the shop team have individual development plans; ensuring these plans are documented and followed through (either personally or via the Kitchen/Service Manager)
- Constantly observing the shop from a customer perspective, challenging the management team to do the same
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety and Food Safety practices adhere to the current legislation and itsu standards
- Ensure EHO 5 stars are achieved
- Having a strategic sales growth plan in place (utilising marketing initiatives where appropriate) to drive business
- Fully understanding of your annual sales profile; plan and forecast to maximise sales opportunities
- Forecasting labour management intelligently to drive sales
the ideal candidate
- 2 years+ general manager [or similar] experience
- Experience in Quick Service Restaurant [QSR] preferred
- Managed and developed a team of 10+ team members
- Experience in Food Safety
- Ability to complete rotas according to budgets and to manage labour efficiently whilst maintaining high operational standards
- Ability to understand a P&L and stock management process, understanding waste and how to manage it
- Excellent eye and passion for detail
- Good communication skills to support our diverse teams
- Passionate about delivering great customer experience
- Dedicated to nurturing and developing teams
- Committed to supporting the wider community and team engagement opportunities
- Capacity in dealing with basic Employee Relation matters [ER]
- Passionate about good, healthy food
- Energy to thrive in a fast-paced environment
You put people at the heart of everything you do by displaying the 4 itsu qualities:
- I take pride [in what I do]
- I genuinely care [for people]
- I want to grow [myself & others]
- I build trust [around me]
perks and benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance program
- Critical illness scheme
- Food allowance
- Discounts at major retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
We are itsu, the leading Asian-inspired quick-service retail and grocery brand with over 80 restaurants across the UK, Belgium, and France, and a growing wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Our renowned delicious food made fresh in every restaurant, every day, has made itsu a top choice for healthy eating.
In addition to our restaurants, itsu [grocery] offers a range of high-quality Asian-inspired foods available online and in supermarkets. We are excited to be one of the leading brands in this specific group and have ambitious plans for continued growth both domestically and globally.
With its best-in-class-food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.
Apply now! It only takes 2 minutes...