Junior Graphic Designer [itsu grocery]
itsu is the Asian-inspired quick service & grocery brand with a compelling vision and global opportunity.
Founded in 1997, itsu is the result of 20 years of innovation across 70+ busy sites.
Itsu [grocery] offers exciting and enticing high-quality Asian-inspired foods [online and in supermarkets] and has quickly become one of the leading brands in that specific group. Yet, it is still the beginning and the business has huge global ambitions.
scope of the role
itsu [grocery] is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to support all creative output for our UK division and manage all creative output for our international division. The role will sit within the Brand team. itsu is a design-led brand recognised for its stunning design and modern approach to food retailing. The successful candidate will demonstrate a true passion for branding, be proficient in the Creative Suite [Adobe, Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign] and have strong organizational skills.
- Oversee & manage all creative output for the international division of itsu [grocery], including product artwork [including print production], marketing collateral, trade shows, point of sale & digital media
- Product Packaging – the ability to edit UK product packaging to fit international requirements, i.e. language editing [no foreign language knowledge necessary!] and legal requirements. Knowledge of printing processes and an interest in materials and packaging is preferable.
- Assist with designing and preparing trade presentations, brand brochures, products/concepts visuals, gift boxes, POS, mock-ups etc.
- Digital design: creating content for the website, social media & digital banners for online retailers, including still and moving images - no coding knowledge needed.
- Design innovation – constantly looking for new, creative and improved ways of building the brand.
the ideal candidate
- Proficient in the Creative Suite [Adobe, Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign]
- Skills in moving image, preferably Aftereffects
- Knowledge of printing processes and an interest in materials and packaging is preferable
- Creative, Passion for beautiful design & the brand
- Pride in your work & attention to detail
- Takes ownership
- Speed of execution [we like to move quickly and get things done but insist on doing things beautifully and paying attention to detail]
- Likes the production side of the process and end results as well as creating visuals
- A team player– someone with a flexible, can-do attitude who has a willingness to work closely with others within a small team
- The energy to work within a rapidly growing business that is constantly evolving and growing
- Commercially aware
perks and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- A great work-space with a ‘start-up’ feel in Central London
- Health insurance
- Company pension scheme
- The chance to work directly with the co-founder of itsu & Pret
- 50% employee discount in itsu shops
- Free itsu lunch
- Discounts at major retailers