Junior Supply Planner
itsu is the Asian-inspired quick service & grocery brand with a compelling vision and global opportunity.
Founded in 1997, itsu is the result of 20 years of innovation across 70+ busy sites.
Itsu [grocery] offers exciting and enticing high-quality Asian-inspired foods [online and in supermarkets] and has quickly become one of the leading brands in that specific group. Yet, it is still the beginning and the business has huge global ambitions.
scope of the role
itsu [grocery] is looking for a junior supply planner to join its supply chain team. They will assist with the supply of products from our suppliers and manufacturers all over the world to our UK based warehouses and packing sites.
- plan the materials required for our chilled manufacturing, ensuring we have the correct volumes to maximise our service to customers and minimise waste.
- work closely with the finished goods planner accounting for changes to the forecast and manufacturing capacity.
- build strong relationships with our suppliers to mitigate issues and smooth changeover between products and artwork.
- manage component stocks at our manufacturers.
- assist in the stock reconciliation process at month-end to ensure all stock is accounted for.
- analyse supplier performance – managing costs and negotiating where relevant.
the ideal candidate
- analytical with strong Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- good organisation skills and ability to communicate effectively as part of a team and with suppliers.
- 1-2 years supply chain experience, with chilled or planning experience a bonus! The energy and self-motivation to work within a rapidly growing business that is constantly evolving with changing priorities
- pro-active, identifying issues as or before they arise.
- ability to work under pressure, meet targets and deadlines. Chilled is a fast-moving category!
- an open-minded approach to the role and a flexible, can-do, friendly attitude. Our business is constantly changing!
- a passion for food.
perks and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- A great work-space with a ‘start-up’ feel in Central London
- Health insurance
- Company pension scheme
- The chance to work directly with the co-founder of itsu & Pret
- 50% employee discount in itsu shops
- Free itsu lunch
- Discounts at major retailers