itsu is the healthy eating, Asian inspired quick service retail & grocery brand with over 70 stores in the UK and a leading wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Renowned for its delicious food made fresh in every shop, every day, itsu has huge global ambitions with a commitment to continue to open many more stores and intensify the growth of its already thriving grocery arm. With its best-is-class food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.
The maintenance technician is best described as a "professional handyman" with experience in fixings, repairing, and decorating to a high standard and in an "act with urgency environment." Problem-solving and thinking on the spot about how to resolve issues are key to this role.
The maintenance technician is part of the property department and is the on-call person for all itsu shops and academy maintenance issues. The role involves everything from pro-active upkeep to safety and operational fix requests, and even emergencies such as burst pipes that need repairing, to ensure the smooth operation of our shops according to brand standards.
The maintenance technician is part of an in-house team, their work will be allocated daily and weekly (and on-occasion hourly in emergencies) so enjoying working within a team and enjoying being coached and directed to jobs is a key factor of this role.
This is a field-based job with regular visits to itsu stores on the daily basis, carrying out jobs such as:
- Perform maintenance, repairs and reactive works
- Install products and equipment
- Basic painting, decorating and cleaning
- Respond to requests in a professional manner
- Repair plumbing systems
- Conduct assessments and identify problems
- Constructive input into new store builds and refurbishments
- Complete reactive & pro-active jobs within SLA
the ideal candidate
- Assertive and confident with the ability to get things done
- Works well under pressure
- Display strong communication skills
- Great organisation skills and the ability to multitask
- Uses initiative to problem solve
- Treats maintenance spend as their own, finds and suggests cost effective ways to resolve issues.
- Takes ownership, has pride & attention to detail with high quality workmanship
- Reactive & acts with urgency
- Passionate about first time fix
- Positive, can-do attitude
perks and benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance program
- Critical illness scheme
- Food allowance
- Discounts at major retailers
- Cycle to work scheme