itsu is the Asian-inspired quick service & grocery brand with a compelling vision and global opportunity.
Founded in 1997, itsu is the result of 20 years of innovation across 70+ busy sites.
Itsu [grocery] offers exciting and enticing high-quality Asian-inspired foods [online and in supermarkets] and has quickly become one of the leading brands in that specific group. Yet, it is still the beginning and the business has huge global ambitions.
- Directly manages their given projects from concept to launch, including kitchen work to trial concepts and agree direction internally.
- Ensures all projects follow the gate process and are delivered: On time, on brand and on budget
- Identifies and onboards new suppliers (from the UK, Europe & Asia) up to the point of launch
- Conducts commercial negotiations and establishes accurate theoretical costings for all new concepts.
- Interacts closely with all functions and suppliers to ensure all parties keep to deadlines as outlined in your critical paths
- Keeps track of food and lifestyle trends, new product launches, analyses category performance, and identifies future product opportunities
- Ensures all stakeholders (internal and external) are adequately informed of project progress
scope of the role
itsu [grocery] is looking for an NPD Manager to join our product development team, reporting into the Head of Food. The primary objective of the role is to manage the development of new products from concept to launch, as well as the renovation of existing products. The successful candidate will demonstrate a broad set of skills and experience, in particular outstanding project management skills, a passion for food with the foresight and the analytical skills to identify opportunities for future product launches and ideally a good grasp of commercials & negotiations.
the ideal candidate
- Passion for food with 3+ years’ experience within the food industry
- Strong, demonstrable project management skills with the ability to influence stakeholders and drive actions and projects forward at pace
- Resilient, open to change & being given prescriptive creative direction
- Driven and ambitious, looking to work within a rapidly growing business
- Organised with strong time management skills & high attention to detail
- Good commercial acumen, able to negotiate with suppliers with the analytical skills to define whether or not a product is commercially viable
- A flexible ‘hands on’ approach – must be comfortable in a kitchen + proven track record of launches.
perks and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- A great work-space with a ‘start-up’ feel in Central London
- Health insurance
- Company pension scheme
- The chance to work directly with the co-founder of itsu & Pret
- 50% employee discount in itsu shops
- Free itsu lunch