Property Project Manager [6FTC]
We are itsu, the leading Asian-inspired quick-service retail and grocery brand with over 80 restaurants across the UK, Belgium, and France, and a growing wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Our renowned delicious food made fresh in every restaurant, every day, has made itsu a top choice for healthy eating.
In addition to our restaurants, itsu [grocery] offers a range of high-quality Asian-inspired foods available online and in supermarkets. We are excited to be one of the leading brands in this specific group and have ambitious plans for continued growth both domestically and globally.
With its best-in-class-food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.
- Manage and oversee property and maintenance projects from initiation to completion.
- Develop project plans, including timelines, budgets, and resource allocation, to ensure successful execution.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders within the Property team, including the operations, how-to, finance, marketing and people teams to gather project requirements and ensure alignment.
- Conduct site visits and assessments to determine project feasibility and identify potential challenges or issues.
- Source, when required, and engage external vendors, contractors, and suppliers as needed, ensuring competitive pricing, adherence to quality standards and tendering process.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements, ensuring favourable terms and conditions for itsu.
- Monitor project progress, track milestones, and address any deviations from the plan promptly.
- Conduct regular project status meetings and provide updates to stakeholders.
- Manage project budgets, track expenses, and implement cost-saving measures where possible.
- Collaborate with the legal counsel team to ensure compliance with local regulations and obtain necessary permits and licenses.
- Proactively identify risks and implement risk mitigation strategies to minimise project disruptions.
- Ensure all property projects adhere to itsu's standards of quality, safety, and sustainability.
- Oversee the handover process, including snagging and defect resolution, to ensure smooth transitions.
- Prepare comprehensive project reports and documentation, including financial summaries, progress reports, and lessons learned.
scope of the role
As a Property Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing a variety of property and maintenance projects to ensure timely and within-budget completion. You will play a critical role in managing various aspects of property projects, from planning and coordination to execution and delivery. The ideal candidate will possess excellent project management skills, strong attention to detail, and a proven track record of successful property project management.
the ideal candidate
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Proven experience managing projects as Property Project Manager or similar role, preferably within retail/hospitality.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and understanding of project management methodologies/tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge and understanding of UK building regulations
- Ability to travel the project sites as needed
- PMP certification is a plus
perks and benefits
In return for your time, commitment to your role and itsu, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working, which consists of 1 day a week working from home, flexible working hours, and up to 2 weeks a year working from abroad.
- Generous time off allowances, which include 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, enhanced family leave
- A free itsu lunch whenever you are in the office and 50% off in all stores, for when you are not.
- We cover a variety of different benefits which cover off physical, mental, financial, environmental and social wellbeing. These include private medical care, access to PLUMM, Life Assurance and Wagestream.
- An array of business events and socials throughout the year, including team days out, summer party (for the whole family), itsu Christmas party and Santa visit for those with children, pride and quarterly business events.
No matter what you do at itsu, it's important to us that everyone has access to the same opportunities. We are a truly diverse bunch, from all walks of life and you'll always be encouraged to be your true self.