Quality Assurance Partner
itsu is the healthy eating, Asian inspired quick service retail & grocery brand with over 70 stores in the UK and a leading wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Renowned for its delicious food made fresh in every shop, every day, itsu has huge global ambitions with a commitment to continue to open many more stores and intensify the growth of its already thriving grocery arm. With its best-is-class food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.
- To build strong relationships between Shop Managers, Operation Managers, and the Safety Team, so they remain aligned to Food Safety, How to Standards and Health & Safety.
- To ensure that significant operational and reputational risks are identified at an early stage and advise the senior Quality assurance partner on appropriate measures taken
- Constantly engage and challenge all aspects of itsu’s How to Books, and ensure that it is implemented consistently across the business
- Ensuring that itsu’s Operational Framework is maintained by:
- Safety Management Standards
- Custodian of the itsu standards, policies and procedures.
- Policy & Standards
- Applying detailed legal and technical knowledge to enable Itsu to remain legally compliant and safe.
- Safety Data Management
- Utilising data systems that relate to safety performance and analyse to enable performance improvements
- Quality Assurance Visits
- Conduct QA visits on Food Safety, How to standards and Health & Safety, by providing, constructive and supportive verbal and written feedback (Report & Action Plan).
- Coaching & Support:
- Providing coaching and advice to shop teams to drive continuous improvement and improvement in understanding the delivery of itsu operational standards
- Building Effective Relationships
- Working closely with Head of Quality Assurance, Safety Team, Ops Managers and Shops to enable and ensure the consideration and inclusion of Food Safety, Brand Standards and Health & Safety into any activities
- Providing positive support and establish trust to enable effective two-way communication on all Operational procedures and related matters
- Identifying Risks and Trends
- Explaining contributory factors to circumstances and observe effective and innovative solutions to challenges
- Risk Assessments
- Ensuring that the findings of risk assessments are implemented and maintained
- Responding to Support Requests
- Providing support as requested to Shops and Operations in relation to any QA visits
scope of the role
The Quality Assurance Partner will help itsu ensure that its people, its food, its customers and its brand are protected through the consistent and effective delivery of Food Safety, How to Standards and Health & Safety. They will be accountable for monitoring the operational framework of the itsu stores, by conducting QA visits, producing reports and action plans from the visit and following up on corrective actions, on a frequency as defined by the needs of the business. They will manage both internal and external relationships between Operations and Food Safety and be transparent about their concerns.
This is a critical role, which requires a strong understanding of Food Safety, How to standards and Health & Safety and their implications to the business
the ideal candidate
- Engaging and enthusiastic
- Experience within the Hospitality industry, with a passion to deliver a great customer experience
- Highly effective resource manager and planner
- Great communication and influencing skills
- Analytical thinker
- Highly computer literate
- Challenging questioner, desire to really raise the bench
- Self-motivated and plans own time well
- Energetic in style, strong initiative
- Strong drive for results
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet the business needs
Ideally, management experience within the hospitality sector and a proven track record of maintaining high standards across food safety, health & safety and How to standards.
perks and benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance program
- Critical illness scheme
- Food allowance
- Discounts at major retailers
- Cycle to work scheme