Quality Assurance Partner
this is itsu
we are itsu is the healthy eating, Asian inspired quick service retail & grocery brand with over 80 stores in the UK and a leading wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Renowned for its best-in-class food made fresh in every shop, every day, itsu has huge global ambitions with a commitment to continue to open many more stores and intensify the growth of its already thriving grocery arm. With its best-is-class food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food
this is the job
The Quality Assurance Partner will help itsu ensure that its people, its food, its customers and its brand are protected through the consistent and effective delivery of Food Safety, How to Standards and Health & Safety. They will be accountable for monitoring the operational framework of the itsu stores, by conducting QA visits, producing reports and action plans from the visit and following up on corrective actions, on a frequency as defined by the needs of the business. They will manage both internal and external relationships between Operations and Food Safety and be transparent about their concerns.
This is a critical role, which requires a strong understanding of Food Safety, How to standards and Health & Safety and their implications to the business
these are the core responsibilities
- To build strong relationships between Shop Managers, Operation Managers, and the Safety Team, so they remain aligned to Food Safety, How to Standards and Health & Safety.
- To ensure that significant operational and reputational risks are identified at an early stage and advise the senior Quality assurance partner on appropriate measures taken
- Constantly engage and challenge all aspects of itsu’s How to Books, and ensure that it is implemented consistently across the business
- Ensuring that itsu’s Operational Framework is maintained by:
Proactive Activities :
- Safety Management Standards
- Custodian of the itsu standards, policies and procedures.
- Policy & Standards
- Applying detailed legal and technical knowledge to enable Itsu to remain legally compliant and safe.
- Safety Data Management
- Utilising data systems that relate to safety performance and analyse to enable performance improvements
- Quality Assurance Visits
- Conduct QA visits on Food Safety, How to standards and Health & Safety, by providing, constructive and supportive verbal and written feedback (Report & Action Plan).
Coaching & Support:
Providing coaching and advice to shop teams to drive continuous improvement and improvement in understanding the delivery of itsu operational standards
Building Effective Relationships
Working closely with Head of Quality Assurance, Safety Team, Ops Managers and Shops to enable and ensure the consideration and inclusion of Food Safety, Brand Standards and Health & Safety into any activities
Providing positive support and establish trust to enable effective two-way communication on all Operational procedures and related matters
Identifying Risks and Trends
Explaining contributory factors to circumstances and observe effective and innovative solutions to challenges
Ensuring that the findings of risk assessments are implemented and maintained
Responding to Support Requests
- Providing support as requested to Shops and Operations in relation to any QA visits
this is you
- Engaging and enthusiastic
- Experience within the Hospitality industry, with a passion to deliver a great customer experience
- Highly effective resource manager and planner
- Great communication and influencing skills
- Analytical thinker
- Highly computer literate
- Challenging questioner, desire to really raise the bench
- Self-motivated and plans own time well
- Energetic in style, strong initiative
- Strong drive for results
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet the business needs
- Ideally, management experience within the hospitality sector and a proven track record of maintaining high standards across food safety, health & safety and How to standards.
- Auditing experience within the retail / food industry.
- Level 4 food safety
perks and benefits
- Competitive salary flexible based on experience
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (two bank holidays are interchangeable for other religious holidays)
- Health insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working, which consists of 1 day a week working from home; flexible working hours, and up to 2 weeks a year working from abroad.
- Opportunity to work from home abroad
- 50% employee discount in itsu shops
- Free itsu lunch
- Discounts at major retailers
No matter what you do at itsu, it's important to us that everyone has access to the same opportunities. We are a truly diverse bunch, from all walks of life and you'll always be encouraged to be your true self.