Safety Business Coordinator [Maternity Cover]
itsu is the healthy eating, Asian inspired quick service retail & grocery brand with over 70 stores in the UK and a leading wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Renowned for its best-in- class food made fresh in every shop, every day, itsu has huge global ambitions with a commitment to continue to open many more stores and intensify the growth of its already thriving grocery arm. With its best-is-class food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.
The safety business partner will be working with us for a period of 12 months, covering a maternity leave. During this time will help ensure that its people, its food, its customers, its contractors and its brand are suitably and reasonably protected through the consistent and effective delivery of high standards of health and safety, food safety and fire safety.
They will help develop and deliver the safety projects to the highest standards and support colleagues in all departments to meet these.
Here are the key responsibilities:
- Assist the safety team with the design and implementation of safety projects and working with key stakeholders to ensure they land successfully with the shop teams. Keeping these to schedule, communicating with the stakeholders and keeping track of important deadlines
- Conduct regular shop visits providing coaching to shop teams with advice along with detailed action plans that is practical, safe and complies with legislation and company procedures
- Attend operational management as a safety ambassador, to gather feedback from the shop managers and coordinate with the safety team to improve systems or address issues in future projects
- Produce regular compliance reports for operational managers in relation to audits, training, accidents and complaints
- Work with operational managers and shop management to build improvement action plans
- Deliver safety training shop teams
- Act as main point of contact for pest contractor, escalating high risk incidents, creating weekly reports with the assistance of the safety coordinator
- Work closely with all other itsu departments to provide positive support on all safety related matters
- Reactive troubleshooting for situations arising in shops. Ensuring that food or health and safety standards are not compromised by unusual or emergency situations
- Investigate accidents and incidents, making reports to the HSE under RIDDOR
- Liaison with Enforcement Officers when necessary. Support shop and Ops teams to understand and meet requirements of officers.
- Keeping up to date with new developments in safety practices and maintaining a working knowledge of all HSE/FSA legislation and any developments that affect our business
the ideal candidate
- a strong understanding of health & safety, food safety and their implications on the business.
- a keen eye for detail and passion for the highest possible standards.
- able to build good working relationships at all levels of the business to guide operations teams in the right way and drive standards forwards.
- a logical and organized approach to working and be able to work independently.
- practical problem solving and strong decision making skills, based on a good technical knowledge.
perks and benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance program
- Critical illness scheme
- Food allowance
- Discounts at major retailers
- Cycle to work scheme