Health & Safety Advisor
We are itsu, the Asian-inspired quick-service retail and grocery brand with over 80 restaurants across the UK, Belgium, and France, and a growing wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Our renowned delicious food made fresh in every restaurant, every day, has made itsu a top choice for healthy eating.
In addition to our restaurants, itsu [grocery] offers a range of high-quality Asian-inspired foods available online and in supermarkets. We are excited to be one of the leading brands in this specific group and have ambitious plans for continued growth both domestically and globally.
With its best-in-class-food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.
Scope of the Role
The Safety Business Partner will partner with itsu in every aspect of safety. Working closely with operations, hr, quality how to, maintenance and learning the role is responsible for delivering safe environments for our teams and customers
Leading with the improvement of compliance, they will own the content of the quality assurance audit and be responsible for improving the compliance level. They will have an excellent understanding of safety standards and legislation to advise both the shops and academy teams
The ideal candidate
- you hold a minimum of level 3 food and safety training
- you preferably hold at least an IOSH Managing Safety qualification
- you preferably have experience of hospitality/ QSR
- you have a logical approach to working and are able to work independently
- you will be able to travel across the UK to visit our various stores [same day trips]
- Be the guardian of itsu’s standards, policies and procedures and the technical subject matter expert
- Set the itsu safe, clean and legal standards which will be monitored through the internal auditing programme
- Conduct shop visits, and supporting the teams in setting smart action plans in coordination with relevant departments and shops teams
- Staying agile and conduct coaching visits for identified shops (in the event of increase in food incidents or on the back of an audit)
- Partner with the itsu’s pest contractor, ensuring we stay pro-active with our pest management and appropriate action plans are built as necessary
- Design and deliver shop safety training to enable our teams to have the best skills to maintain safety standards within their shops
- Ensure accidents, incidents and food incidents are investigated thoroughly within the agreed timelines, analysing trends and setting regular strategic plans to improve compliance, liaising with operations, Customer Services, external organisations and when necessary, customers.
In return for your time, commitment to your role and itsu, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working, which consists of 1 day a week working from home, flexible working hours, and up to 2 weeks a year working from abroad.
- Generous time off allowances, which include 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, enhanced family leave
- A free itsu lunch whenever you are in the office and 50% off in all stores, for when you are not.
- We cover a variety of different benefits which cover off physical, mental, financial, environmental and social wellbeing. These include private medical care, access to PLUMM, Life Assurance and Wagestream.
- An array of business events and socials throughout the year, including team days out, summer party (for the whole family), itsu Christmas party and Santa visit for those with children, pride and quarterly business events.
No matter what you do at itsu, it's important to us that everyone has access to the same opportunities. We are a truly diverse bunch, from all walks of life and you'll always be encouraged to be your true self.