Talent [Recruitment] Manager
itsu is the healthy eating, Asian inspired quick service retail & grocery brand with over 70 stores in the UK and a leading wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Renowned for its delicious food made fresh in every shop, every day, itsu has huge global ambitions with a commitment to continue to open many more stores and intensify the growth of its already thriving grocery arm. With its best-is-class food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.
scope of the role
We are passionate about finding and developing talent that will drive itsu’s success. Our Recruitment Manager will be accountable for the overall strategy and execution of recruiting activities for itsu. This role requires great leadership and collaborating skills and will be responsible for delivering our talent strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience in building strong relationships with stakeholders, managing high performing teams, and driving continuous improvement and innovation.
If you are ambitious, hungry for growth and have a drive to find great talent, this role is for you.
this is what you will do:
- Manage and develop a team of 3 current recruiters responsible for end-to-end recruiting for both our academy teams [head office] and our shops in a challenging market. This includes researching and building recruitment pipelines for skills and roles for now and the future.
- You will source, assess, interview and manage the offer process; personally, manage critical positions while coaching/managing a team.
- Provide leadership to redefine the way we attract talent; creating an engaging, productive recruitment team that inspires innovation and thrives on continuous development.
- Drive performance and behaviours with recruiters to achieve positive outcomes and clear KPIs; partner with internal teams to support the recruitment process.
- Ensure recruitment priorities and processes are defined to influence both internal and external talent channels; ensuring a positive hiring manager & candidate experience.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders to understand business objectives in order to provide advice and insights on the talent market (i.e. trends, employment projections, benchmarking) and to develop a hiring strategy
- Collaborate with the HR team to meet overall business targets, as well as communication of strategy, initiatives, and performance measures.
- Identify, develop, and implement innovative sourcing strategies to meet our needs now and in the future; focus on building a proactive and swift recruitment operational model.
- Ensure consistent standards are built and adhered to across the Company.
- Support itsu’s diversity & inclusion initiatives and its objectives by attracting talent through various sourcing channels to ensure itsu becomes a top destination for diverse talent.
- Use and implement technology to drive talent sourcing performance, helping with recommendations and decision making.
- Influence and manage the recruitment budget.
- Ensure compliance with employment law.
the ideal candidate
- CIPD qualifications, bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resources or Business or equivalent experience required.
- 4 years+ recruiting experience in a retail or hospitality recruiting environment or recruitment agencies.
- Ability and proven track record of high volume sourcing & hiring
- Experience in managing, coaching, and developing teams.
- Strong analytical capability, with the ability to create and measure KPIs to drive decisions and performance.
- Experience in implementation of recruitment initiatives, tools, and processes
- Ability to apply business acumen and drive operational excellence while anticipating and adapting to fast changing needs of the business.
- Willing to be hands on in a very lean organisation.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
At itsu, we put people at the heart of everything we do by constantly displaying the 4 itsu qualities:
- I take pride [in what I do]
- I genuinely care [for people]
- I want to grow [myself & others]
- I build trust [around me]
Listeners, empathisers, commercial thinkers, humble individuals, challenging minds, critical friends, collaborators, creatives, those who have people at the forefront of their mind, those who are themselves, inclusive and who strongly stand for integrity & equality.
perks and benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance program
- Critical illness scheme
- Food allowance
- Discounts at major retailers
- Cycle to work scheme