Group Communications & Brand Manager
itsu is the healthy eating, Asian inspired quick service retail & grocery brand with over 70 stores in the UK and a leading wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Renowned for its delicious food made fresh in every shop, every day, itsu has huge global ambitions with a commitment to continue to open many more stores and intensify the growth of its already thriving grocery arm. With its best-is-class food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.
scope of the role
We are one brand with two different businesses —74 shops (& counting) and a growing number of chilled, frozen & ambient grocery products found in supermarkets and online. This new role is a great opportunity for a storyteller, obsessed with all things social, to join the new Group team and run our communications. Our voice, look & feel, must be in harmony when we open in Bath and launch a new Bao bun in the to go section in the supermarkets.
The Communication Manager will work alongside the retail and restaurant Brand & Marketing Directors to drive itsu‘s eat beautiful message and mission through radio, print, online and social channels (instagram, TikTok, Facebook).
this is what you will do
- Work alongside our Brand leaders and Founder, Julian Metcalfe, to develop proactive and reactive stories - writing, reacting to & sharing across offline and online channels.
- Relentlessly build relationships with writers & editors, involving them in our eat beautiful crusade.
- Collaborate with the retail and grocery teams to ensure all comms (written & visual) are on brand; including but not limited to new store openings and product launches, people profiles, sustainability successes, events & partnerships.
- Understand the importance of numbers, hitting monthly KPIs for seeding stories.
Social media :
- Be the gatekeeper for our social media strategy and execution.
- Brief internal and external designers, photographers and videographers as required — ensuring all content is eat beautiful.
- Reply to comments and keep conversations going.
- Be comfortable creating and / or briefing short-form content for Stories, Reels and TikToks.
the ideal candidate
- A natural wordsmith
- A spin-doctor
- Confident talking to customers, journalists & influencers (bonus points if you come with a little black book)
- A doer
- Obsessed with social media
- Comfortable managing multiple projects
- A team player
You put people at the heart of everything you do by displaying the 4 itsu qualities:
- I take pride [in what I do]
- I genuinely care [for people]
- I want to grow [myself & others]
- I build trust [around me]
perks and benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance program
- Critical illness scheme
- Food allowance
- Discounts at major retailers
- Cycle to work scheme